Resources

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My Week 11/8/2020-11/15/2020

1451 Miles Driven
Slept in 3 Different Beds
3 States
3 Clubs Visited
Shared Awana at a New Church
Plenty O' Starbucks
2 Big Bags of Sunflower Seeds for the Road




I had the opportunity to visit the club at First Baptist Battle Mountain. Awana Ministry Director Darlinda Sorenson shared with me that they've had many new children coming to club this year, many of these children are unchurched. Very exciting to see God working in Battle Mountain.




Wednesday I drove 523 miles to visit First Southern Baptist Church in Kingman, AZ. God is certainly working in Kingman as AMD Kim Felton reports of new kids and new leaders. Games can be played anywhere and the T&T Bible Lesson was wonderful. Praise God!


The road from Battle Mountain to Kingman is long and lonely, yet beautiful as God's creation is evident. The 523 miles gave me the chance to "read" a complete audio book.


One of my responsibilities is to look for new places to have Awana. On my way from Kingman to Boulder City, I stopped at several churches to see if I could make contact with anyone. This church in AZ used to have Awana, however, they had to drop several years ago as the church burned down. As you can see, the Awana game circle is still there. Our prayer is that this and other churches will rekindle their passion to reach kids with the love of Jesus. 


I was blessed to share with the congregation here, at Amargosa Christian Fellowship about how they can use Awana to reach the children and families in Amargosa Valley with the love of Jesus. Praise God, they've asked me to schedule a training for them to start club in January. 


Sunday, I got to visit the club at Highland Hills Baptist in Henderson. It has been so exciting to see the creativity from our clubs in how they can still reach kids with the love of Jesus in spite of Covid. Highland Hills has done a variety of different things this year to make coming to club as safe as possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment