Resources

Sunday, March 1, 2020

My Week Feb 24, 2020- March 1, 2020


Monday- Monday is my "admin day". Online meetings with my Field Director, with my team of missionaries and other colleagues. I also use this day for completing expense reports, correspondence and other reporting activities.


Tuesday- I drove out to see everyone at Winnemucca Christian Fellowship. Winnemucca has had Awana for several years and has a very good club. This Tuesday, a young T&T girl put her faith in Christ. I was so excited to see God using Awana Ministry Director Lori Taylor to share Jesus and pray with this girl. Praising God for His work in Winnemucca.


Wednesday- I went out to Sierra Bible Church- Reno. SBC Reno is the oldest club in Nevada...with a couple of breaks during those years, SBC has had Awana for 50 years. I went for a couple of reasons. One was to see everyone who are discipling the kids at SBC, but I also invited the leadership team from another church who is considering starting Awana. It is one thing for me to describe what an Awana club looks like, it is entirely something else for someone to see "Awana in action". I introduced the leadership team to Awana Ministry Director Christy Cronk as she gave a "tour" of the club at SBC. This prospective church most likely will start Awana later this spring.





Thursday- I drove out to Hilltop Community Church in Carson City. Hilltop has had Awana for 30 years....Wow!! Praise God for the thousands of children who have heard about Jesus over the last 30 years. While there, I had the opportunity to share with the Sparkies all that God is doing through the ministry of Awana in Nevada and beyond.

Friday- New club development day. I spent the day identifying and emailing churches that do NOT have Awana about how a healthy children's and family ministry is a great benefit to the long term health of any church.  Although not every church will use Awana, my long term goal is for EVERY church in my ministry area to know about Awana and how we can serve them. 



Weekend Rest- Winter is prime time for us to travel and visit clubs. Judy and I have had only a couple of "off days" since before Christmas. Winter came back, so we decided to start a fire, sit back and enjoy the day from home. (Although as I write this, Judy is pricing items for the Awana Store at our home church, Sierra Bible Church- Truckee)

No comments:

Post a Comment