Resources

Friday, March 20, 2020

My Week March 9-15

982 Miles
1 Rental Car
2 States
2 Different Beds

Monday- Spent a great day meeting with missionary team members and other Awana leadership discussing how to reach MORE kids. What a blessing.



Tuesday- I drove to visit Life Baptist Church in Las Vegas. Co- Awana Ministry Directors Angela Engebretson and Marlo Simpson have built a great team of leaders who really poor into the kids at Life. Angela shared that her Cubbie group has broken out of their room and now has to meet in two different rooms- Praise God for all He is doing at Life.



Wednesday- I went over to Hope Church Boulder City. This is Hope's first year doing Awana, and they are doing wonderfully. What a joy to see the discipleship of children at Hope. Hope serves dinner for anyone who shows up at 6 pm and club starts at 6:30. 


While I was in Boulder City, I was hosted Mike and Bea Aikens. Here is my room. What a wonderful couple who serve the Lord by allowing me to stay in their home. So thankful for the people I get to know across our ministry area. 



Thursday- It was a long drive home. Nevada is such a beautiful and diverse state. I am constantly reminded how blessed I am to not only serve in such a beautiful area, but with such wonderful, friendly and Godly people. 

Friday- I spent the day emailing and contacting church who might someday want to consider starting an Awana Ministry.



Saturday and Sunday- We spent a good part of the day on Sunday shoveling snow from one of the few snowstorms we've had this winter, and then complying with the "Social Distancing"  requirements we broke out some of the old video games we used to play when Jack and Ryan were young and reminisced about memories of family time from years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment