Resources

Sunday, March 8, 2020

My Week March 2-9

1123 Miles
3 States
1 Rental Car
1 Train Ride
2 Uber's
3 Different Beds
Lot's of coffee

Monday- Is an admin day with calls, video calls, meetings with team members, field director and other admin work


Tuesday- I got to help Judy with the Awana Store at Sierra Bible Church- Truckee. I truly enjoyed this as I got to spend time interacting with the children here. Although I am a "children's missionary", I very rarely have time with children...so much fun. My favorite question for these kids when working in the store is "What are you going to buy your mom?"  I received numerous different replies.




Wednesday- I drove south along Hwy 95 to Pahrump Community Church. For most of my trips south, I fly, however every now and then I like to drive as it gives me a heart for these small towns in Nevada that have kids who need to know Jesus. I'll stop and meet pastors along the way. I stopped in Hawthorne at the El Capitan for coffee, and then headed to Pahrump.

Awana Ministry Director Caleb Walker and his team are doing a wonderful job reaching and discipling the kids of Pahrump with the love of Jesus. I had the opportunity to share with the Sparks and T&T Clubbers all that God is doing in Nevada and beyond through the ministry of Awana. I asked them to pray for the children in Nevada and hope this will give them a heart for missions in Nevada.



Thursday- Long drive to New Life Fellowship in Lovelock, NV. Pastor Verna and David Vetter are really reaching out to the children of Lovelock. As I stood near the front door of the church, I began to see children coming. Coming on bikes, walking, getting rides from parents or grandparents. Pastor Verna tells me there are over 60 children registered to come to Awana here. What a joy to see God working in Lovelock. 



Friday/ Saturday- Got on the train and headed to Sacramento for the Northern California/ Nevada "Journey Weekend". This is a time where High School Journey students from all over Northern California and Nevada come for a Fine Arts Competition, Bible Quizzing (this year on the book of Romans) and an AwanaGames event. So much fun to spend time with both the teens and adult leaders. While there, I get the chance to encourage and thank these people for their service to the teens in our area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment